In this article, we’ll go over the concept of Earthquake Generation via geokinesis. Just as the name implies, this is the ability to manifest earthquakes of catastrophic proportions. This is a very popular geokinesis skill and is can be seen in many movies and comics alike. To muster up such an incredible force upon the Earth, requires an immense amount of power, be it physical or mental…
The individual whom usually comes first to mind is The Incredible Hulk. He’s been known on countless occasions to be able to generate miniature earthquakes by pounding on the ground with his massive arms. This incredibly powerful geokinesis skill has literally leveled many of his adversaries within an instant. Surprise surprise, right?
Check out these otherworldly figures who were able to use geokinesis to manifest earthquakes at will:
- Goddess of Earth (Charmed)
- Rock-Type Pokemon
- Thor (Marvel Comics)
- Marshall D. Teach (One Piece)
- Daisy “Skye” Johnson (Agents of Shield)
- Steel-Type Pokemon
- Ground-Type Pokemon
- Earthbenders (Avatar: The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra)
- Edward Newgate (One Piece)
All of these individual’s were one’s to be feared. And for good reason. To be able to generate earthquakes with geokinesis at will would have anyone running in the other direction. But, I suppose that wouldn’t matter if your opponent can simply just crack the ground from up under you, would it?
There are however some key variations to the geokinesis art of earthquake generation. These include, but are not limited to…
- Vibration manipulation
- Tectonic plat manipulation
- Shock wave stomp
- Ground pound
- Earth manipulation
- Concussive force
- Vibration emission
- Sound manipulation
- Shock wave clap
- Disaster manipulation
These are just a short list of the many geokinesis skills available to the elite Earth bender.
There are of course the many situations in which one can put earthquake generation into action. With this geokinesis skill, you can create avalanches/landslides. Destroying an entire city would obviously be no problem as well. Just ask the Hulk… It is even possible to destroy an entire continent or region! Fissure creation, island dissemination, sea-quakes, and tsunami’s are all within the geokinesis Earth bender’s reach.
Of course there are limitations to this geokinesis skill. These limitations include:
- Depending on how powerful the earthquake is, this geokinesis skill may in fact harm the Earth bender as well. So, they must ensure that they don’t destroy an entire land mass, unless they are able to manipulate it in a way that protects them in the process.
- After the physical or mental act of manifesting an earthquake has started, it may be impossible to stop the destruction before it hams the one who created it in the first place.
- For some individuals who possess geokinesis powers, they may in fact need to be in literal contact with the ground. This could pose a serious issue for them as far as their safety goes.
- And in general, they may not be able to do anything to hinder any damage upon themselves. It may actually be impossible for them to do so, as one could probably imagine with this geokinesis skill.
“Earthquake Generation.” Powerlisting.wikia.com. Fandom Comics Community. Web. 01 Oct. 2016.